Mastering the art of influencing is key in leadership. There is no single recipe for influencing. Successful leaders adapt their influence tactics depending on the situation to change the goals, behaviours, opinions, attitudes and ultimately behaviours of people. Judging situations and deciding which influence tactic to use is crucial. Without influence, leadership does not appear. It is therefore important for any leader to develop these skills. The “Mind Matters” Game is designed to train people in influencing in a way that is both engaging and effective.
The game is designed for professionals with a training need in mastering the art of influencing. Without influence, leadership does not appear. It is therefore important for any leader to develop these skills. The “Mind Matters” Game is designed to train people in influencing in a way that is both engaging and effective.
With the help of the “Mind Matters” Game trainees will learn that:
• There is no single recipe for influencing
• Different tactics – varying from hard to soft tactics – can be used to influence people
• Effective influencers adapt their influence tactics to the characteristics, motivations and concerns of the people involved
The game typically takes around 45 minutes to play and around 15 minutes longer if played in pairs.
How does it work?
In this game trainees play a researcher in a fictional company. The trainee’s task is to try out a new innovative mind steering device on a test group of employees working on capturing an important bid. Using this device trainees can temporarily ‘take over’ game characters and read and influence their minds. By doing so, trainees can safely try out different influence tactics on people and experience the effects of their choices on team spirit and customer relationship.
After playing the game a downloadable feedback report is automatically generated on:
• Understanding: How much effort did the trainee put in understanding people’s characteristics, motivations and concerns?
• Tactics: Which influence tactics did the trainee use? Did the trainee limit him-/herself to a small or broad set of influence tactics?
• Effectiveness: What were the consequences of the trainee’s influencing attempts on different Key Performance Indicators?
What is needed?
Mind Matters is delivered as a SCORM enabled game to be integrated into your organization’s Learning Management System (LMS). It requires a Flash-enabled web browser and is optimized for pc’s and laptops.
What we offerWe offer the following services:
• Game-based E-learning Module that can be published on your LMS
• Game Manual describing how to optimally use the game for informal and formal training sessions